Compiz Fusion Logo: è deciso
Dal blog ufficiale di Compiz Fusion ecco i risultati del pool per il logo:
E io ne sono contento, era quello che volevo 😉
Non solo, nuovi effetti (più o meno utili) :
Invito comunque a leggere le novità che sono state apportate a livello di bugs (risolti) e altre funzionalità nelle configurazioni
This week in bugs:
– Snow image added to snow. Yay
– SVG plugin is now enabled by default
– “Not found” message now shows when you search for something in CCSM and it doesn’t exist.
– Profile adding now works again.
– Fixed the tab-bar being drawn one slot too thin occasionally.
– Default reflection image now added
News in features:
Remember last week how I told you about a patch to get an airplane animation in the animation plugin developed by neo? Well it has now been merged in along with three new animations! Brilliant. Well here they are:
Airplane : Folds your windows up into a paper plane and files the off into the distance, or to the taskbar.
Other new stuff :
– The wall’s switcher windows’ colors can now be further configurated, from the arrow, the outline and to the desktop highlight.
– XCB dependency added to compiz. Unfortunately that means that compiz-git will no longer build, because it requires something that most distributions don’t actually have (Confirmed distros : Fedora, Ubuntu, Debian). You will have to use version 0.5.2, or the 0.6 git branch of compiz.
– Profiles are now stored in ~/.config/compiz/compizconfig instead of ~./compizconfig. If you were wondering where your profiles went, move them from the old folder to the new one.
News in Logos:
The winning logo, ‘Graphfreak’ received 287 votes in total, counting for about 48% of all votes cast. This also implies that we will now have artwork for various things such as icons, forum themes, cubecaps, splashes and website themes.
Tip of the week:
*Beep* *Beep* *Beep*. Man, don’t you just hate that loud *Beep* sound when an application triggers the system bell, like if you backspace too much in a terminal? Fear not! As I have a more *subtle* solution for you.
First of all, you want to disable the annoying beep. To do that, go into CCSM, and filter out for ‘Core options’ and uncheck ‘Audible Bell.’ Now that *beep* is gone!
Now, for a subtler visual bell, go to the ‘fade’ plugin and check ‘Visual Bell.’ Now when you do something that causes a ‘bell’ event, the window will darken and brighten again. Neat.
Something else: Fluxid from the forums has developed a lot of colorfilters for the colorfilter plugin. To get them, git-pull them from my repo at git://git.opencompositing.org/users/smspillaz/colorfilters
Just some more news. With the artwork contest finished, I assure you that we can expect a release very soon. This will be a milestone for the Compiz Fusion team, as it our first official release. The release will be based on compiz-core-0.5.2
Thats all for now guys. Sorry about writing the blog a bit late, I’ve been rather busy with assignments and exams, let alone some of the stuff I’ve been doing round here recently. From now on, I’d expect the blog on a wednesday, because If I wrote it one monday, there would not be enough to write about! Anyways, if you have any questions, then leave a note in the comments. Also, if your comments haven’t appeared yet, then don’t panic! Stupid WordPress seems to want me to moderate them. And I don’t do that very often. Mention goes to anyone who can tell me how to automatically pass all comments not caught as akismet spam.